Join WRC on Saturday April 27th for a social statement art show in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness.  The pieces will represent artists of all ages and will be made from or painted on denim.  Internationally every April advocates wear their denim jeans to remember a case from the Italian courts in 1992. Supreme court justices deemed rape had not occurred because the young woman was wearing jeans and they assumed she would have had to assist the rapist by removing her tight pants.  They determined that action was implied consent .  In response women from the ranks of government to students protested on the steps of the court while wearing denim.  We continue to wear denim to bring awareness of the many myths and misconceptions surrounding rape in our society.

The art will be auctioned off during the evening art show and 80 % of the proceeds will benefit WRC and the other 20% our host Backfence Society.  Staff and Board Members of WRC would like you to come by and enjoy refreshments, bid on a piece and enjoy the Vista Artist Bazaar taking place in Historic Downtown Vista as well.

Are you an artist interested in submitting a piece click here for more information.

 

  • I Ask... Art Show
    April 27, 2019
    4:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment