The WRC is currently hiring for the following position
Assistant Director of Residential Services
This is a full-time, salary exempt position. Hours are typically 7a-3p, Monday through Friday, with on-call hours 24/7. This position supervises day-to-day operations of WRC’s Alternatives to Abuse shelter as well as assisting with residential services operations. This includes direct supervision of House managers, provide direct services to participants, goal tracking, outreach, community relations, grant compliance and facility maintenance.
Major Functions Include:
– Participate in program decision-making and policy.
- Create, review, update, and maintain all program forms, schedules, and program policies and procedures manual on a regular basis.
-Shop for groceries and supplies and ensure the facility has an adequate stock of all items.
- Provide direct services as necessary and required.
- Ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of the WRC’s residential program.
- Handle on-site participant crisis situations, over the phone crisis calls, and referrals. – Establish and maintain relationships with agencies, organizations, civic and community groups.
- Attend community collaborative meetings as needed.
- Track goals, compile data and complete reports for funding sources.
- Planning and coordination of monthly classes, workshops and groups.
- Maintain records and case files as well as data entry into approved database.
- Must be accessible to the program at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
-Prior experience with residential facilities and persons in crisis preferred.
-Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault and homelessness desirable.
-Must be able to pass background fingerprint check, drug test and TB testing.
-Working experience with supervision, staff training, and group process.
-Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, problem solving, training, and public speaking skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred (please make a special note on your application).
- Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout San Diego County.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Visual and auditory ability to observe critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- The ability to adequately observe participants activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- $37,440 per year
- Benefits included
Apply in person at 1963 Apples Street, Oceanside, CA. Please no phone calls or emails. The closing date for applications is Wednesday July 8, 2015
Women’s Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status.
Transitional House Case Manager
Rate: $12.10 per hour with $.58 bilingual Spanish/English upgrade
This is a full time, nonexempt position with benefits.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree. Prior experience in crisis intervention and dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault highly desirable. Must have completed the 56-hour domestic violence/sexual assault training. Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed.
Qualified applicants should be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must have the ability to work in a sometimes busy and stressful environment. Candidates should be open minded and nonjudgmental. Must be organized and able to manage a large caseload as well as other duties in the office and the community. Must be able to complete case notes and statistics in a clear concise manner. Must be dependable. Consistent attendance is important.
Applicants must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs, reach, twist, lift up to 25 pounds, sit and bend. Applicants must be able to react appropriately in a crisis situation.
Apply in person. Please no calls or emails. Applications and job descriptions are available at 1963 Apple street Oceanside 92054 at the front desk. Job posting will close on Wednesday July 8, 2015 at 5pm.
WRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from persons of all genders, race, political or religious affiliation.