Help WRC end sexual violence
The month of April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month and it is time to speak up and speak out against sexual violence. Over the past year with the help of the No More campaign, sexual assault has received national attention and increased public awareness. The Women’s Resource Center is among 84 rape crisis centers and rape prevention programs in the state of California. We provide survivors with advocates and a place to turn in their time of need. We work hard to educate and promote public policy on the issue of sexual assault. Join us this month is standing up to say 1 in 5 is not an acceptable number. WRC will be joining the National Sexual Violence Resource Center and Denim Day USA to promote a call for action to end sexual violence on campuses.
Ways to get involved:
- Join in online activism for the International Day Against Victim Blaming on April 3. Use #IDAVB #EndVictimBlaming
- It’s on Us Week of Action to raise awareness of college sexual assault will take place April 12-18. Spread the word: #Itsonus
- International Anti-Street Harassment Week (April 12-18) takes place during SAAM once again this year. Join voices all around the globe to end street harassment and catch us on the #EndSH Tweetathon April 14.
- Engaging Communities, Empowering Victims is the focus of this year’s National Crime Victim’s Rights Week (April 19-25). Use #NCVRW.
- Join us on the VetoViolence facebook page for our SAAM Ask the Expert forum with CDC. Our team will be fielding any and all questions about sexual violence prevention April 20-14.
- Denim Day is April 29. Be sure to wear your denim and share the powerful story of this decades long movement to end misconceptions and victim-blaming. Use #DenimDay.